HybridZ

few setup questions

stprasinz

Ok, lets see here.

1st My ignition wire appears to be of different wire type than the rest.. Is this correct??

2nd How do I set up the trigger offset, and what do I set the spark settings to??

3rd I currently have my car running off the stock ecu with the timing set by assembly only.. (as in engine at tdc and distributor set to sight hole aligned with the #1 on the little metal cap...)Can I just set a trigger angle to accomidate, and if so what would it be?? 60 deg, or 0????

4th I am a little confused as to what the fuel pump wire does?? Can I just hook this up to a relay and power fuel pump(s) that way? or should I hook up both the ignition switch, and the purple wire(fuel pump wire) or just hook up a wire that would act as the ignitiopn (no actual ignition switch other than to lock the steering whell, I love toggles.. lol)

Ok, the reason I ask #1 is that the wire looks more like it would be a wire to hook to ground for the ground sheild..., and I dont want to remove the hood of the connector because it has been shrink wrp sealed...

reason for #2 I read the post about timing the offset, but it says where you think 66 degrees would be.... sorta a little discouraging. And it seems there would be a definitive scientific way of doing this (like set it advanced 6 degrees btd, and let the opticle sensor be offset by the one signal pulse so to speak)

#3 is basicly a reworded #2 to hopefully clearify what I am asking (like I am doing right now...)

#4 I just don't want to fry something, especially since I just paid over 550 for everything....

Oh and I have tried to search.... Anything I find is vague.. I am looking for difinitive answers...

Thanking any and all in advance for there help...

Which Megasquirt did you buy?. Megasquirt1 v2.2, Megasquirt1 3.0, and so on.

What year z is it going in?.

What distributor are you going to use in the engine?.

Are you going to use the stock coil?. Aftermarket coil, or The coil driver in your Megasquirt unit to supply spark.

Remember you need to let people know what your setup is or they can't try to help you. You will have to do a lot of reading and searching through posts to find your answers. Almost all of your questions can be answered here or on msefi.com Also the megamanual section will help.

To answer a couple of your questions. At the top of this page you will see posts that say Sticky at the beginning. Click on the one that says megasquirt for newbies. That will get you started with set-up and timing answers. The one that says map sharing have spark and fuel tables in them. You need to find the fuel and map tables that are very close to what you have in your car. The one that is closests to what you have in your car will get your engine started. You have to do your own tuning after you get it running.