HybridZ

Avenger Carb?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Has anybody tried one of these?

I am considering getting the 770 cfm for my 383 sbc to replace the 600 cfm Holley sitting on top of it now.

Similiar topic anybody have feelings for Edelbrock vs carter vs holley?

Thanks Chuck

Guest Anonymous

I think the Edelbrock/Holley/Carter debate was discussed, might check the archives, not to say people might still want to talk about it. Honestly, outside of a bit more top end hp on the Holley from the tests I've read, they're all pretty comparable. The Carter AFB and Edelbrock look identical, I hav'nt R and R'ed one side by side, but they're design looks identical. Performance wise, they're probably close enough to flip a coin really, some say the Holley's are more quirky, I personally think the Holley is mis-tuned by most because of its ease of tweeking things. Either carb would do well if its set up right. I havn't done it yet, but I really want to have the car dyno tuned to get the carb dialed in just right. I'm not concerned with bragging RWHP (with a stock 350, it ain't gonna be much to brag about.. icon_smile.gif ).

I was wondering about the avenger myself, it looks similar to they're old 4 bbl, I know it has adjustable secondaries, but that can be added to the 4150 and 4160 as well. Anyone know the scoop on the Avenger?

Regards,

Lone

The magazines have alluded to doing tests on these things, but I have yet to find any articles written about them. They look good, and seem to have new features to make them the carb of choice...but not from a $$$ standpoint. A little on the high side for me, but if you want one Chuck, they look GOOD! Let us know how it runs. I'm going Edelbrock, and no I will not argue which is better, because it does not matter!!!

David