HybridZ

Beware of cheap new holsets...

OlderThanMe

I believe some chinese company was selling 4bbl intake manifolds for SBC's on ebay. If I remember correctly, they were identical to a edelbrock manifold. I can see design of a turbo is a little more technical than a manifold but I believe alot of chinese companies buy other companies products and remake them, some just as good, some worse some better...

It doesn't change the fact that they are stealing from Edelbrock. I have had experience with the muscle car industry. Much of the Chinese manifolds offer you about a 1 in 3 chance of fitting up right to 'V-surface' made by the block and heads. Roller rockers break at 4krpm. Pushrods mushroom on the ends. Piping has to be ground, bent and beaten into alignment, etc.

China does it willfully and it is happily supported by their govt. Look up what amount of losses Microsoft and other software companies have sustained by piracy over there. China is a communist country and it would be naive to not keep that in mind.

He is simply keeping an eye on his competitors. (Those selling real ones; not these new knockoffs).

Come on dude! What does that mean!?! :icon55:

I don't sell new hosets... I could care less if you buy a "new" Chinese turbo. I would rather you have a nice used unit instead and it actually last.

I just find nice used turbos for people.

:confused2

I'm slowly getting out of part sourcing by 90%... So I'm not pushing my services for any reason. :confused2

Come on dude! What does that mean!?! :icon55:

I don't sell new hosets... I could care less if you buy a "new" Chinese turbo. I would rather you have a nice used unit instead and it actually last.

I just find nice used turbos for people.

:confused2

I'm slowly getting out of part sourcing by 90%... So I'm not pushing my services for any reason. :confused2

No, no. :-) Note that I said 'selling real ones' (ie., used). I imagine you basically stumbled onto them when searching with similar keywords is all. I have a 'nice used unit' myself. :-)

Come on guys...

There is no reason to make this political and get the thread tool shedded.

Just don't buy Chinese turbos because they break and leave it at that.

I want people to see this just incase they don't know that there are cheap Holset copies out there.

OTM

Ah, yes, of course. At the end I was only trying to explain why some Chinese manufacturers have the hit/miss record on tolerances.