HybridZ

installing an OS GIKEN twin plate

DREW RBZ

Hi guys. I am in the process of getting ready to install an OS GIKEN twin plate clutch into my RB26 240z. I understand that I will require new flywheel bolts and bearing and collar. I have seen that the bearing and collar are Nissan part numbers (I believe?). Does anyone know where to find/order the bolts?. I assume it is because they are a different length?? ANy help would be much appreciated. tks again, Andrew

This is what I got i my personal picture/info index. I'm putting together a gallery, slowly but surely... here's the flywheel bolt I got... I believe it's an RB25 flywheel bolt, not too sure though, but the 42L number probably means it is.

If you want the RB26 version, try replaceing the 42L11 with 58S00. If that returns a number with "BOLT-FLYWHEEL" beside it (ask to see the screen at nissan), you can use those ones.

img_0029191.jpg

Let me know if it's the same size/bolt so I can add the relevant information to my repository.

• 3 weeks later...

Are the RB25 flywheel bolts shorter than the RB26 ones ?

As i am putting a HKS triple plate clutch/flywheel onto my RB26 engine for my 240z and have noticed that the HKS flywheel is thinner than the stock RB26 one and the bolts could bottom out ?.

Any help would be great.

can't say for sure, but I can measure the ones i have if i go to my parents place this weekend.

I may not though, so I can't promise you anything. perhaps order one and check? that might be quicker.

Have checked over here in UK and the RB25 flywheel bolts are shorter than the RB26 ones so if your uprated flywheel is thinner than the standard Nissan unit you will have to use the RB25 bolts or your RB26 ones will bottom out.

Thanks for the update, dave.

I would have though the RB25 ones were longer due to the RB26 probably having a lighter flywheel for performance reasons, but I guess not!.

leave it up to Nissan to leave room for tons of improvement. LOL.

thnx