HybridZ

badjuju's 7MGTZ

• 1 year later...

Found it in the Pull-A-Part in Lynnwood (now Pick n Pull, I think.)

I'm going to be getting it up and running with the 7m before I go to swap the 2jz, should be easy enough to swap it over.  New motor mounts ( I think ), and the signalling to VEMS will be identical.

Reclaiming my garage now, then it's car work time.

• 2 weeks later...

Garage is reclaimed, and is officially a BMW chop shop for the next month.

In the mean time, my Z is in the driveway, having electrical work done.  

My current goal is to iron out some of the crappiness I built into the car as I began it 6 or so years ago.  I was more concerned then with getting the bastard up and running than I was with it being my perfect car.  That is now what I'm aiming for.

I didn't mount the fuse box when my gf and I wired up the new Summit harness.  I just sorta... put it about where I wanted it, zip tied it in place, and moved forward. After realizing how terrible the finished product looks, I've used wire markers to mark each conductor twice, about 6" and 10" away from the fuse box.  I'm now about 80% done soldering new 10' leads to them, and when that's finished, I'll be mounting the fuse box and VEMS box either to the interior walls of the passenger side storage compartment, or to the inside of the lid of both storage compartments, using a Seals-It grommet as a pass-through on the front wall of the compartment.  Pics when I drill the hole!

I'm planning on installing Z Force Productions BAMF flares to all four wheels, cutting and welding as necessary, and painting the car a metallic blue that a painter friend mixed up for me.

I've picked up a new fuel tank with a 6 or 8 AN fitting as a pickup, and I'll be running AN fuel lines soon enough.  I'm going to do that before I get the car running, because upping the fuel lines after I tune to what's currently there will just waste a lot of time.

• 3 weeks later...

My fuel tank is now in my garage awaiting installation.

The car is currently full of wires going every which-way as they're pulled one by one.  I used some expanded metal to fab a bracket to hold:

The Fuse box

Two ground blocks (one to chassis, one to battery)

A +12 block

The bracket is bolted into the passenger's side storage compartment.  I'll update this post with a pic when it's allllll done.

The electrical is currently being held up by a shipping delay.  A friend of mine shipped me a multi-conductor firewall plug from a Volvo (thanks Karl!), but since it's coming from Sweden, it's taking a while.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll post some pics up some day.

This weekend I sold my 7mgte to Brian (SeattleJester), and purchased a Holset HX50 for my 2JZ-GE mentioned earlier.  I'll be fabricating a header, so I'm currently purchasing flanges and elbows and whatnot.  I will definitely document this bit.

I've got my wiring project about 2\3 finished!

I'm hoping to get my buddy's BMW out of my garage in the next month, at which time I'll be pulling the 7mgte out of the car, and using the garage space to work on my 2jz and clean up the 7m alongside SeattleJester.

• 6 months later...