HybridZ

Z32 R200 VLSD swap?

letitsnow

I recently acquired a z32 vlsd with axles, partly because I didn't know the difference between a short nose and a long nose R200, but that's besides the point. I did some searching on here and didn't find much, but I did find THIS gem on z31performance.com, I figured that this might help start some thinking on how to fit one in an s30.

FWIW, I can mig and tig weld and have full access to a pretty good machine shop.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, I did find that you could swap the R&P and have it fit in the case. I'd need to make some spacers as I think the s30 R200's have 10mm ring gear bolts and the z32 ring gear has 12mm bolts.

It looks like the hard part is getting half shafts to fit. The flanges on the z32 unit are 5 bolt and I think the q45 flange is different.

OK, I just disassembled one of my z32 1/2 shafts. The splined section that the inner CV slides onto is 27 splines. Does anyone know the spline count for the q45 CV swap axles, I tried to count them from the picture in the sticky but I couldn't see them all clearly.

Edit: I'm wondering about the spline count on z31 axles too.

Guest JuDawg

let me know how this goes, i'm definately thinking about swapping in the z32 twin turbo r200 in my 260z. i just dont know enough nor is there any information on this.

I think it would be easy IF you converted to CV's at the same time. I might call modern motorsports to find out how many splines the q45 swap CV swap axles have.

I don't think you can retain the stock halfshafts at all, but I haven't looked.