HybridZ

Metal not plastic slave cyl.

John Scott

For those of you that haven't already found one, there are aftermarket slave cylinders made of metal not plastic. If you are running the T5 or the aftermarket T56 with the T5 bellhousing you know the dealers rip-off by selling the master and slave as a unit only. Brake ware (Bendix) offers a metal replacement with bleeder pn: 10380. Wagner pn: F126869, Raybestos pn: SC37821. Verify pns. I got mine at Autozone. BTW I'm giving JuJu's Ford master and line a try. So far everything is a piece of cake. Drill one hole a little higher and you have a 7/8 master that uses the same press-in line as the T5 slave. (Ford hydraulic clutch line).

JS

[This message has been edited by John Scott (edited September 05, 2000).]

Previously, I was told these weren't availible so I'd have to suck up and by the master/slave unit form the Chevy dealer. I asked Auto Zone and they said they carried a replacement Slave. I didn't ask about the T56, but if they carry it for the T5, maybe the T56 is availible too. It is the pin retained fitting, but could be tapped as the JTR manual recommends for the plastic slave.

The Ford Master is a 7/8 bore that uses the same hose fitting as the stock T5 slave. Search through the archives for T5s for JuJu. Only he can explain, in his unique style, the process. (Lee, I miss your posts!) I'll give my impressions of the swap when I'm done. I've found a few minor snags so far.

JS

[This message has been edited by John Scott (edited September 05, 2000).]