HybridZ

L28 fantasy build

texis30O

I picked up SuperDan's Turbo Tom system and am slowly pulling components together for an "old school" fantasy L28.

I plan to install the TT onto my L24 this spring to get more experience with it as I pick up parts for the L28.

Hey guys,

Not trying to thread jack or anything but...I have a Turbo Tom set up as well. Although mine is in pieces at the moment. I got mine from another member here and it has been modified for lots of HP.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was enough interest, could we get a forum or sub-forum for us old school TT guys. Include any carbed turbo guys.

I am having a hard time finding much techincal info about the old turbo tom stuff.

How many members are running one?

Thanks,

Jason

This one reason, I decided to replace my TT kit with something more updated. The scary part is the carb. as no one seem to know how it was modified. Also, the TT kit does produce alot of heat as another member pointed out. ( Got a big burn spot on my hood). I'll help with a much as I know.

John

I would pretty much copy the build I am doing right now :). AEM EMS ,ball bearing T67 the methanol injection is two 1600cc injectors in the intake track and a 50-75 shot of port dry N20.Managed to stay up with a GSXR 600 in a roll with 17 psi with the T67, I couldn`t be happier with it.

If I was going to do a draw tru or blow thru carb setup, I would suggest talking to http://www.candsspecialties.com/index.html

• 3 years later...

Stroker bottum end (as you said), Ported P90 head with a web or Isky cam, all associated head work, nice set of forged rods, Megasquirt, BW or other brand nice sized turbo, Direct port Methanol injection, 50-100 shot to spool the turbo, Custom intake and exhaust manifold, Forged internals, 8:1 compression, Pallnet fuel rail with 700cc injectors, all associated gauges and wideband to monitor your new motor.

Custom plate set-up that allowas you to run a gm tranny such as a th350 or glide....If an auto isnt your thing you could save alot of money and go with the Z32 tranny and Mazworx adapted or Hoke's if he has any left.

A set-up like this could put out 550+ if its tuned and built right..and as long as the fuel system and other supporting parts are up to snuff.

550rwhp in a Z is Alot...I would personally build the chassis and suspension to handle the power and then work on the motor.

Exactly what im doing... HAHAHAHAHA!!! Got the stroker running, only using about 6lbs of boost. Its still a work in process, check her out in members projects under L31ET.