HybridZ

New Member.My Stuff. My Build. 72 with hopes of supercar performance!

Hey guys. Finally got in here and can't wait to be part of the family. Figure I would say Hey and introduce myself! Looks like this place is great with tons of info and lotta people with the same intrests!

I live in vegas, into all sorts of cars and always been a fan of the 240 so finally picked a good donor car to start the journey. I have big hopes with plenty of time. ls1/6spd coilovers/brakes/flares ect I want all of it. Might take a couple years but thats how it works.

I try to be simple/clean with my mods but with the punch to perform when needed.

My Daily - 530/490 to the tire. Track ready with coils/sways, seats/harness' and a tire swap.

HPIM1257.jpg

HPIM1267.jpg

HPIM1249.jpg

This was my first project that is basically complete. I just wanted all out track slut. Gutted,caged,boost,brakes and suspension. Little extreme but that was the goal and I think overall if turned out how I wanted. 300whp 2klbs most fun gokart I have driven!

MIATA16.jpg

MIATA12.jpg

MIATA6.jpg

MIATA19.jpg

Now onto the good stuff. The 72 240z I found listed on a local forum. Lucky for me it was a slow forum and noone jumped on the car. 2000 obo quikly turned into me driving it home for 1400. Needed carbs rebuilt but was a farely rust free NV chassis which would be a good canidate. Had the cheap knockoff pleather seats, the sportmax wheels and a sweet rollbar. Figured that alone was plenty even if the motor/trans didn't stay in it for much time.

How about some as I got it home pics.

HPIM1312.jpg

HPIM1322.jpg

HPIM1325.jpg

HPIM1319.jpg

So Did some washing. Taking the dash out and hitting the Interior with bedliner and some paint everywhere else. I think the future will be some new carpet kit to keep the clean stripped look. The door panels will get recovered or flatpaneled dont know yet. Main thing was to get things cleaned up and looking good for cheap. This was while I waited for my carb rebuild kit stuff from ztherapy to arrive! Always something to do right?

HPIM1331.jpg

HPIM1334.jpg

HPIM1345.jpg

Paint and mount that free rollbar!! Which brand is this btw? I likey:D

HPIM1344.jpg

HPIM1343.jpg

HPIM1346.jpg

Well after couple days the rebuild kit showed up and a new buddy of mine who is an SU guy came over and got this thing dead silent after a valve lash check and the tuneup parts. idle's at 600rpm totally smooth and so quiet i find myself always revving the motor to see if it still is on.. I was AMAZED how this turned out. The motor is an l28 with an early 5speed. Now it runs perfectly and even my carb guy was in shock how quiet and smooth everything was. Wow best 300 i have spent!

HPIM1348.jpg

So been driving the car up till this point. Yes it isnt fast by any of my means but it runs so good and even with the stock blown suspension and im guessing 36 year old bushings open diff and basically poor everything else i have a blast in this thing. I can appreciate all the little things. I have got tons of thumbsup, compliments and questions from all the people who seem to like the little smurf. I have gotten the "i used to have one of those in college" thing a few times.

So being that i am planning all the upgrades at a later date I chose to "cut" a few corners now and get the look a little closer to what I want. Yes I know this is a horrible idea and whatever else. I want the look now while i upgrade things down the road. Why drive a 4x4 height car when i can freely chop the springs to the height i want. This car is a 2 time a week driver right now and the speed achieved is not unsafe or any of the manuevers tried could do much harm.

Oh yeh and a buddy had a set of new zg flares in his garage that he wasnt going to use for awhile so figured we could test fit now to see how I like it. I havent cut the fenders yet underneath but that will come soon enough. Pics are garbage from my phone for now but gives an idea. I am diggin the look. I removed the tits off the bumpers and painted them black to tie things together. The angles might show the flare fitment is off but in person with not weird lighting and a bad camera they are just right!

IMG00044.jpg

IMG00043.jpg

And that is all I got for now. Will get some better pics this weekend. The nose could come down a bit more to get it just right but I will wait till the good suspension goes in.

Got the ls1 in the garage and waiting for the t56 to show up. Got a good deal from a member here on the jci mounting kit and the jtr ceramic coated sanderson headers for the swap to come. Made the mistake of tearing things down before all the parts accumulated on the miata back when. It cost me a year of potential fun driving around in the albeit slow car and do not wanna make that mistake again. Get most parts and try for a legitimate on jackstands timeframe. Will get some pics this next week of the motor and such.

Can't wait to see how this car does with some good power. Hooked already!