HybridZ

air scoops on the 1/4 window - opinion

VinhZXT

Ok, Here's an idea.

When I was looking at flares for my car, I considered how they would look completely blended in with the fenders but I didn't want to do the work. I got some of the heat shrink plastic you can put over windows to insulate them. I cut it to shape, taped it to the tire edge of the flares, and the other edge to the fenders. Warming the plastic with the hair dryer shrinks it and makes it take the smoothest line possible. After that just hit the plastic with primer and you can get a good idea how it would look with about 10 minutes worth of work.

You could try the same with the scoops, tape down the leading edge, and where you want it to blend to the rear quarters. You can mock up a lot of ideas with one box of plastic, and a can of primer in just an afternoon. It'll be a heck of a lot easier than mixing resin.

DSCF0734.JPG

DSCF0742.JPG

Steeltoad,

Thanks for the tips. That's actually looks pretty good. I ask my body guy came over take a look at it this evening. He puts some tapes on it to match all the body lines and told me what to trim to make it looks good. he said it looks fine with the gap in the back. I just need to do a little trimming at the lower rear of the scoop and he will take care the rests. Thanks for tips though

V.