HybridZ

Cranks with fuel, but no spark

Hey, I was messing with my car today trying to figure out my headlight issue(low beams dont work but I get power to the light connecters with the switch on) when the car stalled out and wouldn't start again... I have a wire running from the battery to the + on the coil because something is wrong with my ignition switch (or so I was told). I can smell fuel and pulled one of the plugs but dont see any spark. Its really wierd because I had the car running and it just cut out, died and wouldn't start again. The other day I had a battery box on the car with the coil wire hooked to the battery, as got out of the car I noticed the coil area smoking so I quick disconnected it. The box was on for a little while before I noticed it and it was very hot, yet started when I was ready to move it. This car is making me crazy because I just cant seem to narrow anything down and when i try, something else ends up not working... If anyone In the PA area would be willing to help me out one day straightening out my electical issues that would be awesome. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Elliot.