HybridZ

Confusing lighting problems

tkach

Here is my current situation

I am running an ez21 harness and have everything in the car up and running however I have run into a few issues. I was wondering if anybody has run into any of these before or if anybody has any tips. I’ve got my test light out, and I am also checking my grounds, but am I missing something? Does the lack of an ammeter in place affect the following?

Horn works

Turn signals work but I don’t see the indicators on the tach working

Headlights do not work and when engaged they cause the blue green wire which is wired up per sparkys instructions melt the wires at the combo switch

This is just for reference these are from Sparky. ( I would like to thank him for these instructions and would like to say in no way am in blaming him or flaming him for any problem the problem was created by me! Thanks for the info Sparky!)

Green/Blue --------> Red 33 Switch power

*** note the red 33 splits into red and black,

Connect black side to Green/Blue

No seeing as the red 33 is a large 12 ga wire I was going to just swap it for my hazard wire as I don’t run hazard lights and it is a lower voltage. However this is a list of

Reverse lights do work

Brake lights do not work

Parking brake indicator does work.

When combo switch is switched into driving lights mode all running lights work except for brakes and headlights. And then the blue green wire blows threw the fusible link.

My ammeter isn’t hooked up currently

High beam indicator does not work neither do the high beams.

Yes... The ammeter wires must be bolted together in order for the system to work from both the battery and the alternator. There happens to be a very few things that operate on the large white wire. In fact your alternator will run the rest but the battery will not charge unless the white and white+red wires are connected together.

240Zpowercircuit.jpg

White = battery

White/red = alternator

They meet at the Ammeter. That is how it shows a charging state or a draining state on the battery.