HybridZ

drive shaft yoke to r200 lsd

randy 77zt

got a 87 r200 lsd rear .i know i could swap my 280 z pinion flange on to new rear end but i dont want to upset the pinion bearing preload .i was wondering if any body knew where i could get a different yoke for rear of drive shaft to match the 87zx pinion flange.i have a motorsport drive shaft with serviceable u joints.

I took my LSD flange into the driveshaft shop and they matched up a yoke onto the driveshaft. They didn't put the part number on my receipt, but it was about $75 to modify the driveshaft. BTW that was a good deal on that LSD wish I had a pick and pull around here.

[This message has been edited by Arif (edited November 05, 2000).]

are you worried you'll dramatically change the preload and wear patterns? 180ft-lbs was spec AIR which is damn tight...tolerances are mostly in the shims/gear setup etc AFAIK. Having done some 5 yokes or more by now on my own/dads/friends/sold LSD's and not a hint of any troubles just FWIW. Was a simple 10 min. max swap. Lots of miles on mine and others by now. just FWIW, I"d be hanging onto that $:-)

Oh yeah, my dad already had a skookum aluminum driveshaft built with not so common high speed balancing so we weren't going to cut that one up:-)

[This message has been edited by Ross C (edited November 05, 2000).]