HybridZ

New to 240z's Need advice

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi,

Saw a V8 240z. Wow! Had to have one, looks like WAY too much fun. I sat down and figured out some specs and have researched a tiny bit of info. However i need some help on a few things.

Any aditional info needed on 240z

I would want to swap a S/C LS1 and LS1 6-spd if possible anyone tried?

This will be total weekend racer/drag car. full cage,stripped int, etc what kind of times am i looking at with the s/c ls1?

Sounds alot like the swap Darius has. I don't recall any 1/4 mile times for his car. Let's just say he has more torque than his tires can handle icon_wink.gif. Search the old posts for "Darius" and "movie". You'll get the picture.

As for how hard it is to do, I'll let him chime in. Hope he's still around.

Guest Anonymous

Yea VERY influenced by Darius. Already shot him an E-mail, mostly wondering if the 6spd could be fitted without MAJOR problems.

Guest Anonymous

The 6 sp will not be a problem, plenty of them are in the group hooked to various motors, if anything the LS1 T56 and bellhousing might be slightly easier to get at a fair price. I'll let a person that has done the EFI swaps chime in on the ease of the rest of the swap.

Guest MegaShaft_2000

I think Darius has a LT1 in his car. The LS1 should be almost the same, but with an aluminum block.

Probably a lot more expensive.

I think I read somewhere that Darius's car should run high 10's

How much HP can stock LT1 or LS1 internals handle?

[ May 02, 2001: Message edited by: MegaShaft_2000 ]

I cant speak on the LS1 but I can comment on the LT1; just look at Lingenfelter's book near the back he's advertising his different eng.combo's.

Included in that was a 425hp/468ft.lbs LT-1 383. Of course an engine like this requires more than simply throwing the stock parts back to gether w/a higher profile cam; you have to match it w/a stronger crank, rods, his SuperRam intake; he also used the T-56 on this setup & the stock heads w/porting. The cam he chose was a Hyd.Roller w/219*Duration @ .050 & .503/.525 lift on a 112 Lobe Seperation Angle.

Lingenfelter's book was published in 96/I'm sure he's done a few more things w/his builds on the LT1 since that time.

I'm sure someone else can chime in on the LS1.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)