HybridZ

JTR book left something out

Guest kc6wfs

Unless I overlooked something on my 73 with the R180 rear, after the driveshaft is in

I went to take it around the block.

I put it in reverse and backed her out ov the driveway, no problems, shifted in "drive" and idled on my way to a crawl, then about with in 10' i hear this thunk, thunk, thunk!

Also I noticed abought where my elbo is on the center concel is the metal is moving a tad with the clunk.

So I turned off the motor(with the car in the middle of the street) and ran back to the house and grabed the jack.

Once I got under there I could see the rear u-joint was just bairly hitting a swivel bracket for the E-brake.

Has anyone else come upon this problem??

I found if I raise my ebrake handle about 3" it does not rub. This weekend I'll pull the drive shaft and pound the bracket up 1/4" or so.

Darn. Just when I thought i was done with all the pounding on sheet metal!!!

Anyother ideas???

Dave Booth http://www.geocities.com/kc6wfs/240z

Ride was good, It was missing a tad and I did not get on it. I mostly idled it to the gas station.

Today I pulled the mallory dist coil and ballast resistor, think of putting them in the trash where they belong.

I bought a new performance HEI for the car.

I installed it and did not fire.

After playing with it looks like the module

is NG. I took it back and they will have another around 3:30 today.. Darn new crap.. hehe

But all and all it was a LOT of fun setting off car alarms!!

The car shifted great.

I'm going to take some more pics today and go to 1hr place and then scan them. Look for new pics tonight.

Going to do some waxing while I wait for the new dist to come in.

Dave Booth

------------------

www.geocities.com/kc6wfs/240z.html