HybridZ

Potential Buy: 280z Frame Condition?

First, I'd like to quickly introduce myself... I am new to the forums but I plan to be around a while. I am transfering over from Nicoclub.com. I used to own a RB25 swapped 240sx, but I now want to go bigger and better. I plan to go RBxx in to 2X0z.

So, I've found a 280z thats priced right and seems to be a good platform for my upcoming swap. I haven't seen it in person yet, but the owner sent me some fairly decent pics. I really don't know too much about body work or how much it takes to repair weak areas (rust), so I'd like your opinions on how much TLC this frame needs.

Its a 1975 so I cannot expect it to be rust free, but from what I've seen, similarly priced Zs tend to have a lot more rust. The owner mentioned that he, "found some patch work in the bottom of the pass door. (you can see in the pics)." I'm not sure exactly what that is, maybe someone could identify it.

Anyway, on with the pics, here it is:

zcar1.jpg

And an engine shot, could run, doesnt presently....but doesn't matter much. (I gotszz teh beater!!)

zcar2.jpg

The interior:

zcar4.jpg

And onto the frame pics:

zcar5.jpg

zcar6.jpg

zcar7.jpg

Here's the one that worries me, what type of resto would this take?

zcar8.jpg

zcar9.jpg

Also, the only other problem is with the title, here's the seller's words on that issue:

"The title is the other issue. He [previous owner] and I messed it up because we did not

know what we were doing (just to be honest) We cannot get in touch with

the guy that had it before and it has been a year almost I bet.

It would be great for parts, an SCCA car, or you can get a bond and get

a title for it."

Apparently the title wasn't signed over from one of the previous owners. What does getting a bond entail, and how would I then get a title for it?

appreciate any help, as always!