HybridZ

Oregon Exhaust Pros, Where to Go, Who Do You Know? Need Exhaust on my S30, STAT!

OR-JO

Don't want to just go down the street to "Local muffler house" so I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for exhaust pros in or around Portland Oregon. I'm out SE a bit from DT, Canby area okay too.

Need 2.5" tossed on the car with high-flow cat and performance muffler.

If you know anyone or can direct me to a trusted shop, please holla ASAP.

Thanks.

There is a guy named Hortenagle (sp) in Hillsboro that is the best and is really honest and up front. He's close to the Royal Moore Buick dealer in SE Hillsboro. I'll see if I can get a number for you later tonight. I plan to take my Zed to him once I get some $$ for the exhaust.

Greg

Ok, here you go. I've known of the guy for awhile and have seen and heard jobs he has done. He can do customs or install prebuilt stuff for you and does top notch work. I haven't taken anything to him personally yet because I haven't needed to but I plan to take my 240Z to him, and later my Volvo 1800S once I get it back on the road. hope that helps!

Greg

Hortnagl Auto Repair & Muffler Shop

1585 Southeast River Road Suite C Hillsboro, OR

(503) 640-9229

Alright. Talked to a local shop - did not turn out well. Guy was going to hack up the Z.

Went to a different local shop on recommendation. 2.5" exhaust, high flow Magnaflow cat and Magnaflow muffler, couple manifold bolts tapped and replaced. SWEET new exhaust.

Thanks for the response, Greg. Hillsboro was a bit of a drive for me, and the place I went was a hot rod kind of place so it worked out well.

BUT! After that, I found a local DATSUN shop that I wish I would have went to. They did a bit of fiddling and tuning of the engine that was much needed. Wish they would have done my exhaust as well.

If anyone in Oregon needs work done on a Z, or any other Datsun, Bill's Datsun Shoppe in Clackamus off 212 is AWESOME!! Man, please local Portlanders, check those guys out. They know them's some Zeds!

• 2 weeks later...

I usta work down the street from Bill's Datsun. as far as iv heard they have a good rep for their work but seemed somewhat expensive to me when i got some quotes, lol mabey im just cheep lol. just my 2cents.