HybridZ

Which head to Use? HELP

Z32Dreamer

Hey guys I just bought a 77 280z it had a couple modifications done to it back in the day like.

Oversized Throttle body

Cold air intake

Header

large open Magnaflow exhaust

MSD ignition

When i bought the car he told me the fuel pump was bad I replaced it and finally got the car started and it started throwing up coolant out the tail pipe like a mad man.

After further examination I determined the stock head is probably warped and needs a new head gasket. Well I have several heads to choose from to put back on it.

I have the stock head which will need shaved

a P90 turbo head

P79 head

E88 Head

N47 head

All will need rebuilt but just need some advice on which head to go with or which would yeild the most performance out of this N/A motor.

• Administrators
Hey guys I just bought a 77 280z it had a couple modifications done to it back in the day like.

Oversized Throttle body

Cold air intake

Header

large open Magnaflow exhaust

MSD ignition

When i bought the car he told me the fuel pump was bad I replaced it and finally got the car started and it started throwing up coolant out the tail pipe like a mad man.

After further examination I determined the stock head is probably warped and needs a new head gasket. Well I have several heads to choose from to put back on it.

I have the stock head which will need shaved

a P90 turbo head

P79 head

E88 Head

N47 head

All will need rebuilt but just need some advice on which head to go with or which would yeild the most performance out of this N/A motor.

If the engine is the stock 77, it should be an N-47 head. As such, due to drastic compression ratio differences using the P-79 and P-90 heads with OE ’77 dished pistons, (all that info is already here in the stickies of the L-6 forum along with all the performance benefits of the various heads as well), and the E-88 head is not drilled for the EFI manifold or the injectors, so the N-47 is really the only logical choice in your list, so long as it is a Z car N-47 and NOT the Maxima N-47. Again, that info is already here in the stickies.