HybridZ

ld28 crank questions

lurch632

i tried a quick search but i couldn't come up with anything so i decided i would ask. i got my ld28 crank in the mail today and opened it up. the crank looks almost identical except for one thing. the front doesn't have a key way like the old l28 crank. instead it has little indentations on it. i was under the impression that they were exactly the same but apparently not. does this mean i need to find a ld28 timing chain sprocket and oil pump gear? also a stock harmonic balancer wont fit anymore will it? it has v0740 stamped on the first counter weight if it is possible to verify it is a ld28 crank from that. thanks for any help and sorry for the newb question.

Others may have better info, but, my V07 LD28 crankshaft looks identical to a stock crankshaft. That includes the keyway. Is it possible this came out of an engine used in a forklift or other industrial application? It sure doesn't sound correct. Have you contacted the seller to determine it's origins?

i tried a quick search but i couldn't come up with anything so i decided i would ask. i got my ld28 crank in the mail today and opened it up. the crank looks almost identical except for one thing. the front doesn't have a key way like the old l28 crank. instead it has little indentations on it. i was under the impression that they were exactly the same but apparently not. does this mean i need to find a ld28 timing chain sprocket and oil pump gear? also a stock harmonic balancer wont fit anymore will it? it has v0740 stamped on the first counter weight if it is possible to verify it is a ld28 crank from that. thanks for any help and sorry for the newb question.

That is the correct # VO740 and you should have 3 short keyway slots in a line like the pic i attached. hope that helps

LD28 V07 CRANKS_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...