HybridZ

In-tank lift fuel pump to surge tank

strokerzedd

I'm looking for a good quality lift or transfer in-tank fuel pump to feed a surge tank. I've installed a fuel cell in my 240z with an RB26 with 11.80/10.8mm cams/HKS GTRS turbos and 100cc injectors etc.

I want the fuel pumps in the fuel cell and surge tank to be in-tank to both keep the pumps quiet and cool. I'm planning on using a Denso fuel pump 195130-1020 from the 1993 Toyota Supra Turbo in the surge tank, it gets good reviews on this site.

So my question to those experienced in this modification is; what in-tank lift or transfer low pressure/high volume fuel pump do you recommend to feed the surge tank? Secondly, is the Denso fuel pump 195130-1020 from the 1993 Toyota Supra Turbo when installed in the surge tank going to be enough to pump the fuel to the motor? If not should I contemplate putting two of them in the surge tank?

I'm amazed how much of a pain in the butt it's been cutting out the back of the car and building the framework for the fuel cell and surge tank..... and trying to keep it very clean because it's my street toy.

6261_thumb.attach

• 3 weeks later...

There no need to use a huge volume lift pump since it it operating at low pressure. You are likely to have a total of maybe 5psi head pressure at the lift pump outlet. You can get a lot of flow out of a small pump at such low head pressure.

I'm going to be doing a lift pump in the stock location with stock fuel tank to a surge tank. The surge tank will feed my mechanical fuel pump that will be belt driven.

Regards,

Justin