HybridZ

Are 240SX parts any good for a Z?

Trevor

Guest Anonymous

Trevor,

With the 240SX a finned aluminum rear cover does not mean it is a VLSD unit. Up here in Fredericksburg we have 240SXs falling out of trees in the local yards. So far just about every one I have looked at has the finned rear cover and not one of them has been a VLSD.

The best way to check is if the car is up off the ground. Spin one of the wheels and if the other spins in the same direction it usually means it is a LSD unit.

Or, just get a carrier out of a Z32. They are all VLSD units.

Chris

I saw 3 240SXs in the wrecking yard this week. All 3 had IRS, 2 had finned rear covers on the differential. Are they R200? Do they often have VLSD diffs?

For every Maxima there must be 5 Sentras in the yards.

Prowling the Yards in Central VA

Mark

I happen to own a 240SX also, soooo....the only ones with the VLSD are the ones equiped with the HICAS (I believe it is a quasie rear steering set-up) package. These are rare and I have not yet found one to put under my SX in 3 years of looking in the local yards. The rear disc brakes MAY work though, and the reason I say this is because I put the 4 lug 300ZX rear rotors on my SX with some modifications to the OEM SX caliper (spacers and a maxima pad frame). I believe then that the SX rotors (and caliper with some modifying) may work on the Z's stubs. (Did I mention I like Datsun/Nissan cars) My 3rd vehicle is a Pathfinder.

Terry Oxandale

i seem to recall something about all non base model s13's that had abs also having vlsd. and i'm almost certain that all canadian s13's had vlsd. i don't remember about the s14's though.