HybridZ

my clutch engagement formula

fl327

ok guyz, im writing this one in appreciation for your advice regarding clutch engagement

finally got that thing poppin fresh every time without having to pin the pedal to the floor.

im running a 1 1/16 wilwood tandem master cylinder to a 1970-1 datsun 1200 slave cylinder, the master gives you more juice and teh 1200 slave gives more a longer fork to adjust that pedal feel that extra inch or two that you need, i originally ran the master to a stock datsun slave, which worked fine-but the pedal released really really low

and that was with all the adjusting that unit could make. the 1200 bolts right in and gives you some extra play in there, it feels great, by the way, im running this on a

mild 327 married to a muncie fourspeed, and i needed the extra play so that i would get arthwritis of the leg from my new stage 2 69 ss maro clutch!! thanx guyz, i hope this article helps people out the same way you guyz done did it......

• 3 weeks later...

hey i just checked out a genuine scarab bellhousing down at erics in richmond

it uses the 1200 slave with a 11/16 bore,

the 1200 i use is with a 3/4 and i use a hooker bellhousing, maybe the same thing without all the dressing...