HybridZ

Finally found time to check my blown head gasket

The only gasket you can reuse is the MLS style gasket (Multi-Layer Steel). The stock felpro type tend to fall apart when you pull the head off so I doubt he reused the gasket. If you just swapped in new pistons, wouldn't you have changed the head gasket out? Also if it was a high comp engine, how high? What compression ratio are we talking here and what type of fuel were you putting in it? All this can contribute to a blown head gasket.

12:1 compression the previous owner did the work and i used premium ,here max octane is 91 ... Well if i have to put more then 500 $ on it its gonna wait i was goin for the RB swap anyway . Thanks guys .

12:1 compression the previous owner did the work and i used premium ,here max octane is 91 ... Well if i have to put more then 500 $ on it its gonna wait i was goin for the RB swap anyway . Thanks guys .

well if you going for the RB swop then obviously forget my last post with regards to the engineering etc...

Did you drive it before it blew?

If you put it all back together and get some good gas to see if anything else is wrong, I'm assuming that you could sell it off to someone to help finance your RB swap. Even more so if you were to get it dynoed for the sake of having numbers and a curve to show what they're getting.

I checked out the file the previous owner had and when he had the motor rebuild he had the head sonic tested and rebuild completely so at least i can delete the water passage break up in the head . Im going today to check the thermostat and water pump that were changed in Nov. 2000 maybe ill see something thier . Ill check with a filler gauge if the head and bloc are in spec tolerance .

Check the radiator cap too,could also be a small contributing factor.

Check what pressure it can handle,the lower the pressure,the faster it will cook.With TDC,the crank pulley mark is on 0,the cam sprocket usually has a groove behin the number 2 which should line up with the little hole in the cam...

Ring any bells...?

Yes it rings a bell . I finally decided to stop all efforts after i tried to put the cam sprocket back on the cam i took the piece of wood i had to keep the tensiner in when i tool it out the tensioner fell . So i give up im starting to dismentel it and sell the parts .

I did the same thing except I used the timing chain tool from MSA. It's a waste of money trust me. I ended up pulling the radiator, sway bar, oil pump, front cover, etc... and putting the tensioner back together. It took 6 hours to get the cam sprocket on because of that one little chain tensioner.