HybridZ

Who's car is this?

clean is cool and all....i really do love clean, but for an area that is not seen often and a place where i like to do work----i would much rather be able to easily work on things than to have to hunt for them

I'm the exact opposite - I like being able to work on things without moving a bajillion vacuum tubes, hoses, spark plug wires, etc. The only thing I can see in this engine bay that would be difficult to work on is replacing the coil - And he's probably got it slung on that piece of metal under the throttle bodies.

Wanna swap out a cam? Cakework. Bad injector? No problem. Need a jump? Battery's probably in the hatch. The only thing I could see being more difficult to do on this car than mine is replacing the exhaust system... But heck, that's ALWAYS a pain!

My vote is that he hid all the wiring by threading it through the tops of the fenders. That way you'd still get power to the headlights, etc... I wonder if anyone's ever done a smoothed firewall in a Z though.

Yea there is a red ls1 Z with a smoothed firewall, looks nice.