HybridZ

76 dizzy dual

rvandivort

Hi! Just wanted to make sure about linkage. This dizzy has two coils. I`m assuming either would work. I am planning to use the red and the green--the ground between the two. They are advance and retard coils. Any advice on this? Going to knock the pins out shortly to lock the advance per previous threads. Also, any info on where to get connectors for the LET knock sensor, and the 240sx 60mm male online? Thanks a lot,Roger

• 2 weeks later...

Any help on this...or am I going to figure this stuff on My own? I will gladly do so. Moby , I can do this stuff off of the original harness of My 76 Z, But, was hoping for a more sophisticated way of completing the job.

thanks for the newbie thing--a wonderful way of bringing a new way of looking at life! You are nothing unless You know The all knowing greatness of the Z world! Come On!!

Thanks, Matt! That was the answer I was looking for. Roger. This out of thread but, where are good places to find electrical connectors on line. I`m looking for a connector for the 240sx 60mm throttle body in particular(the 3 connector pigtail)--and others as well. Thanks again to You all.

Have the thing apart. The red and green pickup has the collar. The brown and green has the "contactor". Which one? Assuming the latter, because the the california version has only one pickup with contractor. Thank God they only made this for two years!

Finally figured this out --I think! Pulled the retard coil (next to the now nonexistent vacuum advance), used the screw at the adjustment markings to pin the top plate to the bottom (per Naviathan only different method). I drilled through the bottom plate to allow the screw to penetrate through flush. Will J weld to finish. This should work for 74-78 models.