HybridZ

inlet to heater nozzle broke

plexus

well the nozzel that come off the head to the heater hose broke. i did a temp fix on it (bought a new nozzle and replaced it). however ater replacing said nozzle i just blocked it off instead of reattaching hose (when it broke the hose split as well ....old hose).

after i fixed it i noticed that the car ran fine on the fwy to work and home but as soon as i get off the fwy the temp slowly winds up, luckly it peaks right before i shut her down to park (temp needle rises far enough for me to be...OMG shes gonna blow face).

my question is this should i also block the other hose as well from the pump until im ready to reattach the heater hoses to the heater core?

side note* the part of the hose that the nozzle was connected to before i cut the bad piece off is also plugged.

there is no open (heater) hoses, just the one lower heater hose that is still good, which is still connected as orig with no modifications.

i read somthing regarding this with recurculating hot coolant back in by bypassing the rad as result you get a overheating, sweatbead rolling down the face, this cant be happen to me in this neighborhood calamity.

i never had a problem with heat until the nozzle failed, EVER. <<-- displaced anger

o its a 280zx 82 l28 <--- just for referece

p.s

did i metion that blasted nozzle fought a good fight but thee ole cresent wrench and unfreeze juice gave up a better one ....YES!

Why didn't you replace the hose when you fixed the nozzle?!! :shock:

i bought hose but it ended up bieng too big (diameter). when the guy and i at the local pepboys sized up the hose it was the same size, however he nor i took into fact how degraded the old piece of hose was (streched out). i recently took it back and exchanged it for the correct hose size.

since summer is right around the corner, i really dont need the use of the heater so its on the bottom of the list for now. what i think is the problem though is the T stat being stuck. i'm gonna rip that out this weekend since i live in socal i dont really need it.