HybridZ

Replacment Coils for tec II....

Guest 2jz240sx

Guest 2jz240sx

I saw in z-gads gallary that he is using MSD coils. What part # are those? Or is there an ACdelco replacment that is correct for the tec II? I think one of my coils isn't up to par under full boost I get a pretty harsh missfire.

Guest 2jz240sx
MSD 8224.

You can also use the stock GM DIS coils (that's what e-motive uses) from almost any mid-80s/early 90s GM car with a coil pack. Used coil packs are on ebay cheap all the time.

I am a mechanic and we have a ton of spare gm coil packs laying around. I just wanted to know if there was a specific part # that should be used. GM or ACdelco. I have an ignition break up as soon as I hit full boost. New plugs didn't help. I know when we check GM coils we take both spark plug boots off the towers and if the spark it strong enough to jump across the towers the coil should be ok.

Guest 2jz240sx

Well I ending up regapping my plugs to .025 and my miss seems to have gone away. I checked a few things on my car while I had it in the shop. The ignition timing is about 2 degrees ahead of TDC when I set timing advance to 0. But as I rev the engine up the timing creeps back to TDC. I didn't rev really high kinda hard to with 0 advance. I wonder if that is why my top end isn't as strong as it should be. I am not sure why this is happining either. Also check compression and I am seeing 155-160 of all 6 cly's.