HybridZ

finally did a compression test

scottyMIz

well i finally got the urge to see what piston/s took the damage i had been noticing out the tail pipe. The number 5 piston was at about 90psi and the rest were at 130 or so. The ones that were "good" were all pretty much the same there was about a psi or two difference but nothing like the 90psi on number five. Honestly i was expecting it to be either one or six, i'm sure the problem was with the haltech but it is fixed now :D. I just need to find some used pistons now to make the rb25 block good again.

Hey scotty,

what would RB30 or RB26 pistons do for you?

The RB25 pistons have a 1.180 or so piston height, the RB26 are the same, I think. I did read that the RB25DE pistons give the most compression ratio at 10.5 - 11.5:1.

The RB25 or 26 will net somewhere in the proper range you want to run. I may be receiving my RB26 in june. I'll just give you the pistons if you or Jason come down to hang out! :-D

Raff

im not sure careless, something to look into tho. Sounds like a deal tho ;) if the rb30 pistons work then i have 6 :D im sure they wont work but ifthey did i'd be a happy camper. I am looking at a rb25 head right now hope to get one so i dont have to tear one engine apart to build the other. I would like to take my time on the rb30det and just run the br25 until i get the other done. When i was pullin plugs they were all the same in color.......BLACK!! lol i guess it was runnin a bit rich :D I am getting a wideband for this year too.

I have a complete RB25DET block that broke a timing belt. some pistons have marks from where the piston-valve sex took place, others are clean. let me know if you want them, as I am going up to Fargo, where they are stored next weekend.

RB30E pistons will work for you giving around 8.5:1 with the RB25 head on RB30 bottom end.....RB30ET pistons will be too low compression at around 7.5:1

RB26 pistons will be too far down the bore due to the different pin height to RB25 and RB30's

have a look on skylines australia forum for more info

eh, well see what kind of shape they are in, but not much. enough for a 12 pack? I should be able to get them this weekend. truth be told, I was going to go the RB30DET route, but Im kind of dead set on the 1.5KA head thing.