HybridZ

280Z Rubber Floor Plug Part Numbers???

Guest 73LT1Z

Guest 73LT1Z

I have the Courtesy Nissan CD with the microfiche PDF files on it. I am trying to ID the rubber floor plugs for my 1975 280Z built in 4/75.

The problem is the fiche does not show holes/plugs where I have them.

I have attached a screen shot of the PDF fiche showing the parts illustration for reference.

I need plugs for the following hole sizes (approximate per my digital caliper) :

Front floor (less than normal due to rust repair) :

3 x 1.75" (possibly part #35)

3 x .97" (possibly part #34)

Under seats:

2 x .97"

1 x .78" (possibly part #33)

Behind seats:

2 x .78" (not shown on illustration, same size as some others)

Rear floor:

2 x 1.57" (not shown on illustration, these are directly beside the strut towers)

2 x .78" (possibly part #53, quantity needed shown as 1 for the car)

Spare tire well:

2 x .97"

Part #40 is listed as a rubber grommet, but I can't see a #40 on the illustration.

I can get some generic rubber plugs in .75 and 1.00 that should work for most of these, but the larger holes are a problem.

Any parts gurus, your help is appreciated.

Floor_parts_thumb.jpg

Guest 73LT1Z

I took a guess & ordered after looking at the 2+2 car fiche-

1.75"= 74942-N3001, like $9.xx each!

1.57"= 74986-E4100 (color coded, this one is black), like $13.xx each, called a "cap".

.97"= 74942-10900, about $2.xx each

.78"= 77700-89914, about $2.xx each

Hope they fit! I'm planning to install some deadening material soon.

Once they get here, I will update the thread for future reference.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 73LT1Z
I took a guess & ordered after looking at the 2+2 car fiche-

1.75"= 74942-N3001, like $9.xx each! Confirmed, OD is around 1.8"

1.57"= 74986-E4100 (color coded, this one is black), like $13.xx each, called a "cap". Wrong #, this is the rear suspension tower cap

.97"= 74942-10900, about $2.xx each Guessed wrong- see below. Actual OD is around .78"

.78"= 77700-89914, about $2.xx each Guessed wrong again- see above. Actual OD is around 1.1"

Hope they fit! I'm planning to install some deadening material soon.

Once they get here, I will update the thread for future reference.

I have updated the post with the sizes I measured using my caliper. The .78 and .97 were transposed, so I get to order some more!

EDIT

I couldn't find plugs for the 1.5" openings in the catalog, so I did some searching. I had to convert to metric (38mm) and I found a VW part # 113-119-581, which is described as a "Rubber Plug, 38mm for Capping Off Carb Pre-Heat Hole" used on certain models,also about $2 each. Looks like it fits in some sheeetmetal in the VW engine bay, so it should fit the Datsun floor sheetmetal.

I'll update here if it does not fit.

I also found this place that sells floor Polyethylene plugs in 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8 1.0, 1.25, 1.5, and 1.75 inch diameters. Drawback is you have to buy 25~100 at a time, but they are like $10 a box.

Also found this place that sells rubber plugs in several compositions and diameters.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 73LT1Z

I got the VW plugs today & can't get them to fit. The problem is the holes are recessed (there is not enough flat surface for the plugs to work), and the plugs are very thin. The diameter is close, but I am going to have to do something else here.