HybridZ

ls1 t56 Clutch Switch Circuit Malfunction

Check engine light came on the ls1. Plugged in my scanner and i says " P0704 Clutch Switch Circuit Malfunction (M/T)"".

I think that this means it cant find a clutch switch, but i don't really know. Obviously i don't have a clutch switch so can i just have it programmed out or does this code mean something else?

By the way this is a 2002 ls1 and t56 in a z we are talking about.

Thanks.

From linked thread:

If your racing they will check to see if it's working. Otherwise deliet it with HP tuners or LSI edit or your tuner. Will not effect performance. I know a good tuner in our area.

JOEY

P.S. Hey Tom nice to see your sig again!! All going well??

Did our cars originally come with a clutch switch? What kind of racing would require you to keep the switch?

By the sound of i don't think it would hurt if i just deleted the code.

Here it is:

Circuit Description

The clutch pedal position switch is a normally closed switch. The powertrain control module (PCM) applies a voltage to the clutch pedal position switch circuit. When the clutch pedal position switch is depressed, the circuit is open and the PCM senses a high voltage. When the clutch pedal position switch is released, the clutch pedal position switch contacts close, causing the applied voltage to go low.

The PCM determines if the clutch pedal position switch has failed by not sensing a clutch switch transition. The PCM monitors vehicle speed from 0 to a predetermined speed.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

Vehicle speed goes from 0 km/h (0 mph) to more than 39 km/h (24 mph) and back to 0 km/h (0 mph) for 2 seconds without the PCM detecting a clutch transition.

This occurs 7 times before the diagnostic reports a fault.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

The powertrain control module (PCM) stores the DTC information into memory when the diagnostic runs and fails.

The malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) will not illuminate.

The PCM records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The PCM stores this information in the Failure Records.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC

A last test failed, or current DTC, clears when the diagnostic runs and does not fail.

A history DTC will clear after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles, if no failures are reported by this or any other non-emission related diagnostic.

Use a scan tool in order to clear the DTC.

Yes you can program the PCM to not report the DTC.

V.