HybridZ

SB Chevy Ram Jet 350

I'm 99.9% certain it will clear the stock hood. I have a tpi and I still have about 1 1/2" of clearance to the hood. Just eye-ballin' it there's no way the Ram Jet is an inch taller than a tpi motor.

FYI Doc, not all of us want a big ol' frickin' scoop on our hoods. Some of us are more subtle, sensative guys.:lmao:

I just found this in a search. It's from four years ago:

"

I have some interest in this motor too. The total height of the plenum is 9 3/4" above the top of the block.

I'd like to hear what Grumpy has to say about it. I wonder if the ECU is editable. About $4800 and comes with a 12 month warrenty.

Cool looking set up.

I just went out and compared the measurement to my tpi manifold. The Ram Jet is about an inch taller but should clear the stock Z hood with room to spare, about 2" on average."

And the source is good, it's me!

FYI Doc, not all of us want a big ol' frickin' scoop on our hoods. Some of us are more subtle, sensative guys.:lmao:

Rats, I almost had him convinced so I could sell him mine. Then you go and blow it! :lmao: Actually that's why I went TPI, I want it all under a stock hood for the sleeper effect!!!!

And the source is good, it's me!

:rolleyes:

:lmao: :lmao:

Hey guys,

Thanks for input! I really appreciate it. I'm not very mechanically inclined, so I'm just a rookie when it comes to this stuff. I've been looking around at a lot of different motors including LS1's, but a bit too much $$ for me. At least for a new one. And I kinda like the Ram Jet. Not sure if CPU is upgradeable either. I'll have to research that!

Luckily I have 3 or 4 friends that I work with that are going to assist me on the install. It's only gonna cost me some beer and pizza, so I'm saving a lot in labor. :)

I'll keep you updated. Thanks again for all your expertise! Who better to get advise from than guys who have done these conversions? Steve

... Not sure if CPU is upgradeable either. I'll have to research that!...

Steve

That quote from me is a little out of date. Before the days of Megasquirt. Even if GM only offers a stripped down ECM without an O2 sensor with that motor, it would be very easy and cheap to run it on megasquirt.

Hi again guys,

I'm picking up a new in crate chevy ram jet 350 in 2 days that I stole for $3500.00. And Dan, I hope your 99.9% turns out to be 100%. I'm counting on you man! Hopefully I'll round up my helpers within 2-3 weeks to start in on this. I'll keep you posted.

Steve