HybridZ

280Z Tranny in a 240Z

I have an automatic 240Z which simply isn't cutting it for me. I could replace it with a factory 4 speed but iIwas curious if I could swap the 5 speed from a later model without too much trouble. What I'm basically asking is; would it be a drop in swap or would I need a kit or fabricating?

Any thoughts??

You really need to go to the correct section (Drivetrain section) and Search....

I found two pages of info the first try>> http://forums.hybridz.org/search.php?searchid=1929112

Try it, its fun. There is tons of free info here for the taking, if you search for it. Most here get a little testie answering questions that are basic stuff, that can be found with your eyes closed. Not meaning to sound like a a$$, just giving you a heads up.... :2thumbs:

I have an automatic 240Z which simply isn't cutting it for me. I could replace it with a factory 4 speed but iIwas curious if I could swap the 5 speed from a later model without too much trouble. What I'm basically asking is; would it be a drop in swap or would I need a kit or fabricating?

Any thoughts??

Sorry, I don't know why the link I provided you goes nowhere now.

I just went to the drive train section, then right below the numbers that show how many pages there are (page count), there is a pull down menu named Search This Forum.

I pulled it open and typed "auto swap" and got several pages of info.

Try it, you'll like it.... :burnout: