HybridZ

Spare parts 260z

I happen to have a spare 260z that won't be used for anything (it has a dent on the rear driver's quarter panel, and it wasn't worth the few hours to hammer it out, so we got a new 240z shell). The plan is to strip some of the parts and sell it as a parts/track/restore shell.

My questions are:

1. What parts should I realistically take from it?
  2. Who wants it, and for how much (clean title)? (bunches of pictures here: Darth Z)

What do you need off of it??

Seriously, the time for just randomly stripping parts off of these cars for your collection and sending the car to the junkyard is 20 years past... and that car is in good enough shape that someone will want the shell at least (like you said) so, why bother stripping anything off of it? the more complete it is, the more value it has to anyone else. Of course, if the dash or any other interior pieces are good, and you ARE selling it to someone as a racer shell, then you might want to keep the dash.. but my point is, I wouldn't take anything off of it unless you wind up selling it to someone who will specifically be stripping things off of it (ie a racer) and THEN you make the call of what you keep and what you don't.

What do you need off of it??

Seriously, the time for just randomly stripping parts off of these cars for your collection and sending the car to the junkyard is 20 years past... and that car is in good enough shape that someone will want the shell at least (like you said) so, why bother stripping anything off of it? the more complete it is, the more value it has to anyone else. Of course, if the dash or any other interior pieces are good, and you ARE selling it to someone as a racer shell, then you might want to keep the dash.. but my point is, I wouldn't take anything off of it unless you wind up selling it to someone who will specifically be stripping things off of it (ie a racer) and THEN you make the call of what you keep and what you don't.

point well taken. There are a few people who race Z's here in Vallejo, I figure I'll just approach them. I may just turn it into a race car myself, to be honest.