HybridZ

S30 Airdams, spoilers, flares and IMSA widebody G-Nose fiberglass molds on PDX CL

hughdogz

AIRDAM FLARE SPOILER MOLDS 914 2002 Datsun Z - $100 -

One of our members in NW-Z asked the seller about the S30 molds and here is what they had to say:

"240Z: 3 different airdam molds, 280Z: 2 different airdam molds, 240-280Z: 3 different rear spoiler molds, 3 different sets of flare molds, Full IMSA wide body Fender Kit with G-Nose and airdam, 2 different hood molds."

Best regards, -Hugh :icon29:

I can edit (delete) my quote...It happens to the best of us, Man. :lol:

I wonder just where these molds originated.

Check out this S30 airdam still in the mold:

01150401160701040220080503f0cda4ce16cf8f21dd0037d3.jpg

It looks like the one I have installed on my 260Z!

[Edit: I just asked the seller which molds he has for the ZX and pics of the IMSA widebody G-Nose]

Guest 280ZForce

they are definitely not $100, I spoke to him on the phone and I might be taking a trip to Portland pending pictures and final prices, but the prices are not for the faint of heart. We spoke on the phone for a good 15 min or so and he's gonna try to get me pics of all the Z car stuff as I mentioned to him I might take it all off him and taught him how to use a hosting site for pics. So we shall see!

Not all the molds are in great shape he mentioned, but I'll definitely be checking them out.

I wonder just where these molds originated.

Check out this S30 airdam still in the mold:

01150401160701040220080503f0cda4ce16cf8f21dd0037d3.jpg

[Edit: I just asked the seller which molds he has for the ZX and pics of the IMSA widebody G-Nose]

He had the molds made by someone years ago, most are easily 15-20 years old.

And the mold you pictured, the air dam is not still in it, that's the surface of the mold you see there.

Oh man, that would be great if you could rescue those molds Justin!! :cheers::hail:

And the mold you pictured, the air dam is not still in it, that's the surface of the mold you see there.

Ahh...I think that airdam mold would look kind of funny on a Z. :lmao:

Guest 280ZForce
Oh man, that would be great if you could rescue those molds Justin!! :cheers::hail:

Ahh...I think that airdam mold would look kind of funny on a Z. :lmao:

Yes, I'm going to see what I can do. These molds are precious to the Z world.

And the surface of molds generally is supposed to have a mirror polish shine to it, so that's probably why you thought it was an actual one in the mold.

Guest 280ZForce
Justin...

GNOSE! *cough* GNOSE! *excuse me*

I know tell me bout it man, I've been wanting to do a Gnose for awhile, it's been on the wish list. Now maybe a reality and I make it myself?! Freakin sweet.

I'm waiting on pics from this guy, you have to be really careful buying molds cuz they need a very thorough inspection. Yes, they can be repaired if damaged, but a real pita.

YES!! Tim got back to me and said there are two 280ZX airdam molds (one with ducts, one sans). I suspect they could be from the Bob Sharp / Paul Newman era?? He invited me to come take a look for myself. :lol:

devendorf82.jpg

280ZForce, Prox, this is probably what the S30 IMSA widebody G-Nose kit looks like:

daytonaz.jpg

frizzellez.jpg

Images courtesy of this page