HybridZ

boost solenoids??

this is probably going to sound like a really stupid question, but i better ask so i dont screw something up, i have no clue what a boost solenoid is, i have a stock 83 zx-t and i have a mbc that i plan on putting on after i adjust my valves correctly, as far as i know, all i need to do is put it inline with the compressor and wastegate actuator, i dont know about removing any boost solenoids or anything, oh and another thing, for the lower nipple on my greddy type s bov, couldn't i T off from that line going from the compressor to the boost controller and put it there, i read somewhere thats what the lower nipple is for, to get a signal for under the diaphram? and you can get it from the line on the turbo compressor or wastegate actuator? please fill me in, lol

Boost solonoid? Maybe you mean an electronic boost controller that uses a solonoid. The L28ET uses just a wastegate actuator sized at 7psi, so no external boost controller.

A MBC inline between the compressor fitting and wastegate actuator should do fine, that's the way most of us set it up...

What a MBC does is that it "intercepts" the boost signal from the compressor so that it will not let pressure through until a certain pressure is reached. Then it will let the boost signal through. Say that your wastegate actuator (stock) opens at 7psi. You can set the MBC to 9 psi, and the actuator will not see any signal until 9psi. It will now open at 9psi instead of 7psi.

With a BOV, you want a signal from the intake manifold so that going from boost to vacuum by closing the throttle will open the BOV. If you take the signal from the compressor fitting, it is not under vacuum when the throttle closes.

I've also heard that it is possible to connect a line from the manifold to the BOV, BOV to MBC, then to the wastegate actuator (and plug the compressor fitting). You can try hooking them up the other ways you mentioned too.

However you choose to do it, make sure that the BOV will stay shut at idle. You don't want any unmetered (and not to mention unfiltered) air to enter the system.

It is also a necessity to get a good boost gage to ensure you're not over-boosting (over ~9-10 psi no intercooler, some have run higher).

Hope this helped...

this is probably going to sound like a really stupid question, but i better ask so i dont screw something up, i have no clue what a boost solenoid is, i have a stock 83 zx-t and i have a mbc that i plan on putting on after i adjust my valves correctly, as far as i know, all i need to do is put it inline with the compressor and wastegate actuator, i dont know about removing any boost solenoids or anything, oh and another thing, for the lower nipple on my greddy type s bov, couldn't i T off from that line going from the compressor to the boost controller and put it there, i read somewhere thats what the lower nipple is for, to get a signal for under the diaphram? and you can get it from the line on the turbo compressor or wastegate actuator? please fill me in, lol