HybridZ

engine debate

i am looking for some input any would be great. i am currently at the stage of my rebuild for the motor install. i bought a ford 302 to put into my 260z and lastweek my brother called and he did a rb26 swap into a skyline so he had a perfect compression rb20 for free so i picked it up. now i have a ford 302 and a rb20 and i can't decide which i want to pick for my daily driver im notlooking for insane horsepower just around 300

thanks in advance, Tyler

Engine selection for a hybrid swap is mostly an emotion decision based on what the owner likes. Here's some ways to help you decide:

1. When listening to a race car which type of engine makes a sound that causes the hair on he back of your neck stand up?

2. When driving a powerful car, do you prefer instant, off-the-line response or a hard pull at high rpm?

3. Do you like to shift a lot?

4. Do you prefer an engine that delivers power in a broad, flat way or do you prefer a more peaky power delivery?

i love the sound of a v8 but the bov of a turbo

i live in a area where there is lots of highways probably 100kph

i need torque lol i drove a civic for a couple years lol

i have a jeep yj with a amc v8 and it has really short gears like if im doing 50kph im almot 2500rpm and it redlines at 4 is the ford like that or can i get a different tranny