HybridZ

Spark plug questions!

i am a little confused on this subject thanks to a friend of mine. These iridium spark plugs claim to give better horse power and fuel consumption. My question is if you put these plugs into a brand new vehicle all factory would you see any increases across the board? Or would the ecu make changes to get the engine running back to factory standards? What about air filters will they work the same way? these questions are because i am currently driving a 2008 honda fit ( don't laugh) while my 73 240z is being completely rebuilt. I have to drive 65 miles everday to work and back home so i am trying to save as much money as i can to put in the z so does any body have any sugestions? Thanks for all the help.

I was under the impression that they were better for turbo engines and there were no noticeable benefits for NA.

I am running them on my ZX turbo but I can't compare to what the stockers were because they were 1982 originals, along with original wires, when I purchased the car in '07.

The Zs usually don't like platinum plugs and run much better on the stock. As for a newer auto, I don't think they'll really make any real difference. What they claim and what they do is usually two different things. I would stick with stock plugs and save your money by not buying unnecessarily expensive parts.