HybridZ

ls1 ls6 ls7 exhaust manifolds F body Corvette

I've posted in my album photos of the truck lm7 exhaust manifold, z06 exhaust manifolds, ls7 stainless steel hydroformed manifolds, Ls2 and late 6.0L truck exhaust manifolds, and the F body manifolds. They are all different and look, to me, to offer some chance of fitting without major modification. However, the z06/ls6 and ls7 manifolds d/n fit the vanilla grade ls1 head because the heads have '0" shaped ports and these manifolds are "D" shaped ports. To fit you would need the #243 head casting or equivalent (z06 head). The two most interesting of these are the Ls6 cast iron manifold and the ls7 stainless steel manifold.

Here's the business end of the new Ls7 manifold... yep, a set of these went for $35 + shipping on Ebay w/i the last week.

ls7_stainless.JPG

Here are the cast iron zo6 manifolds. Note the longer runners and "D" shaped ports.

ls6.JPG

These have gone for a little as $75.00 for a pair + shipping on Ebay.

Here are a set of LS2 manifolds, I think these are off a new 6.0 L truck engine.

ls2_6_ltruck.JPG

For comparison, here are the Fbody manifolds that will work with some grinding and modification of the oxygen bung (or at least that what the search button leads me to believe)

FbodyRt.JPG

FbodylLH1.JPG

Here are the Ls6 heads with the 243 casting number. These casting are used for the HO 5.3 all aluminum 330hp truck engine as well as the HO 5.3 Ls4 front wheel driver. Note the "D" shaped exhaust ports.

243heads.JPG

g

Vihn's response shows the early 1998 C5 Stainless Steel exhaust manifolds.

Here is a photo of a 2001 C5 [NOT LS6] LS1 cast iron manifold. Note the round, not "D" shaped ports and the cast in connection between the the center ports. I have no idea what purpose that serves.

2001_Corvette_cast_iron_header.JPG

You are missing the early C5 SS headers. I used them on my LS1 swap. For more info check on my web site.

I looked at your websites and all I see is the Daytona with the JCI kit and Sanderson headers. By the way, thanks for the tip about the mounting boss, I've trial fitted the Sandersons and didn't pick up on the block interference.

I presume the C5 headers are also for the "D" exhaust port. If you have a path to good photos of the header, I'll include them in the post.

g

Here are a few pictures:

2079260_256_full.jpg

More pictures on this site http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2079260/2

That's my friend's Cobra where I used JCI and JTR headers. On my swap I've made my own mounts and used the 97-98 C5 headers. I have info on my site above on how to modify them to fit. Sorry I don't have picture of the driver side but I was able to use most of the stock pipes on this side. I THINK they should work with JCI mounts but not 100% sure. The driver side I am 100% sure it will fit. The passenger side is where I am not sure. It's all depends on how thick the JCI mount is on that side. I can do some measurements on my friend's Cobra and mine to make sure if anyone interest. GL