HybridZ

Quick question about the Megasquirt spark option

Mycarispurty

I'm checking out this MS2 on Ebay:

This is a Megasquirt standalone unit for any custom car application to control fuel. MS2-0274. Map Sensor 300kpa. MSNSparkExtra V029q2. Hardware Opto. Didn't set it up in my car. Comes with pin connector. Bought it from rs-autosport.com about a year or so ago. brand new never installed. please bid with the intent to pay. take care

I guess the map sensor doesn't matter if it's the 2.5 that only does around 20ish psi of boost, or the big daddy that'll do like 40+, I'm just curious if anyone can shed some light on the MSnS Extra v029q2 part, whether that's an old bad design, or a new awesome program, or just whatever. Also, the hardware opto part, just curious what that means. I'm looking to use just the 83 turbo dizzy with and want to make sure it's compatible.

If you look at the MS Extra and MS forums, you would see that there appears to be at least one thread stating that the VR circuit will also handle the Hall sensor.

I don't know if that is true, but you would have to ask the person you bought the unit from if it was built for Hall or VR sensor input. If Hall, you're definitely ok...