HybridZ

It runs.... well kind of....

SidWell

The engine will fire for about one or two revolutions while cranking then not fire. If I keep on cranking, about 5 seconds later it will fire for one or two revolutions. In other words in about ten continuous seconds of cranking it will fire at least twice. I am not sure what to make of it. Any ideas?

I had my girlfriend crank the car while I looked a the firing with a timing light. The car fired at about 11 degrees before tdc. Isn't that about where it should be? I will look at my cranking pulse with when I get home tonight. What would you recommend for the PW?

Last night I cranked the engine for about 15 seconds. It fired like clockwork about every 3 to 5 seconds for about 2 revolutions and then died.

I guess I will need to find an oscilloscope to get much further than just tweaking settings.

I am using code V 2.88 on my MSII V3 board. I have a Ford EDIS-6 CAS system and a Mopar spark coil. I have a WB O2 sensor in the collector of my 6-2-1 exhaust. The intake is a custom built 6 butterfly manifold. The engine ran while using the EDIS system and stock intake/exhaust system. I am using the current limiting resistors with the stock 2.7 ohm green injectors. I have the flyback circuits installed on the V3 board.

Total stab in the dark.....is it possible that power to MS is interrupted at some point during the cranking cycle. I had a situation where the car wanted to start while cranking but when releasing the key I would lose power to MS for a split second and the car would not start. So, are their any resets during or right after cranking? Total long shot but it might be possible. Chuck

i turned my pw down to 2.5 @ -40 degrees F degrees F and .1 @ 160 degrees F to help from flooding the engine while setting timing. I also took out the spark plugs and wiped them down (soaked in gas). It sounds to me like your engine is flooded with gas or i should say the spark plugs to be more specific . I was having a similar problem well i get idle now but i had to set my trigger offset to 11 (using timing light) which was confusing since i quite dont understand trigger offset. is 11 btdc ok?

p.s. good thing you had your gf doing cranking the car...i had a remote trigger hooked up to the battery and all of a sudden it started and sounded like crap so i had to rush and plug the ignition wire in...lol...good times.