HybridZ

RB25det series 2 help, grey plug ??

Canadianz

Hi guys, were at the final stretch ! Everything is wired up except this weird grey plug. We have a series two RB25DET and this little plug comes off the harness down near the starter area of the loom. Now I think there was supposed to be a relay here as one of the wires goes to the starter, which we sorted out. As it stands right now the car will turn over but the ECU is not getting power. We have wired everything else up, correctly I think except this plug. Does anyone know what the pin out of the plug is, or what the wires all do besides the big Red/black which is for the starter.

Heres the plug:

n72604599_36899084_2802.jpg

Heres another pic

n72604599_36899085_3095.jpg

Any help would be awesome, the car now turns over but the ECU is not booting up so we are not getting power to the fuel pump relay or the injectors etc. . . .

on a side note if for some reason out ECU has had the biscuit, how would we check ? At the moment it has the battery backup power on but it won't boot up, I think it is related to this plug but Im not sure.

Thanks

Chris and Rob

Any ideas guys? So far we've got the black/red one wired to kick the starter over, the white/red one as the alternator sense wire, and the yellow/brown wired as the alternator lamp wire

I'm just not clear on the blue, black and yellow/white wires at the moment.

Chris and Rob

Thanks Evan, thats a possibility. From looking on the nico forums at wiper wiring on the S1 rb25's theres around 8 wires to control them, so I think this is possibly something different.

Im guessing you probably cut this plug out and wired things in individually, or at least thats what I've started to do. I'm going to work on the car tonight and try to trace down the other three wires, and double check all the ecu grounds etc. to see why it won't boot up, so I'll see where that takes me.

Thanks

Chris and Rob