HybridZ

rearend gearing

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

okay you math whizzes out there, i have a question for ya guys. I'm planning on running my car in the silver state run once i get it completed and i know this is a little premature but i figure i might as well get it ironed out early. i plan on using my car as much as possible once it gets goin and also roadrace in my spare time. the thing is I'm not looking for massive acceleration, what I want is top end and lots of it icon_biggrin.gif

I know that most r200's don't have anything numerically lower than 3.55 right?? but i figure that if I'm getting close to 480hp at the wheels (lofty goals I know icon_smile.gif ) then that kind of gearing will still throw me back in the seat on take off. what i plan on using is maybe a custom made ring that bring the ratio to 2.73:1 or around there . i know that is really low numerically but my old charger had that for the rear end and i'll tell you that even with only a little 2 barrel carbed 318 in it that thing would scream down the highway.

i figure this will also help out with gas mileage considerably icon_wink.gif what i really want to do is be able to take it above the 200 mark on some nice long straightaways.

the big question is what speed would i ba traveling at with doing 5000RPM through .8 overdrive hitting the ground through a set of normal sized z rated racing tires and a 2.73 rearend????

come on guys help me "get my rear in gear" icon_biggrin.gif sorry just couldn't resist

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: v-8 Zfreak ]