HybridZ

Got a new air dam for my ZX!

Zeero

I bought it off Ebay. Guy said its from the '80's. Nice fiberglass part. It was a little warped when I got it and fitting it wasn't perfect. The piece that goes from the top of the lip to the body (like the stock one with the 3 screws near the rad.) had top be removed because it was all f'ed up. Also the part where the grill attaches sticks out too far and I cant screw it on. Oh well, its not necessary for stability. The rest of it fits pretty well. We only had to tweak it slightly to get the top 8 bolts to go in!

I will be taking a rattle-can to it and hitting it with black in about a week after the sun molds it slightly to the body.

Here is what it looks like prior to paint:

newairdam.jpg?t=1212017553

I have that same spolier and I really like it. In fact I bought three of them, in case my gets cracked or damaged, these are now defunct and no longer available.

I have a post on the fit of mine. I actually made spacers and designed aluminum brackets which a friend of mine tigged for me to help the mounting and make it stronger.

I should be painting mine in a few weeks with the final fit following right after. Pics to come.

Yasin