HybridZ

Need help,'04 GTO LS1 Motor mount question?

Hi Guys,I have a '78 280z and Im putting in a '04 GTO LS1/T56 But the motor mount question is this...In the JTR booklet it says you can use 1965-72 chevy trucks prt no.3990332.But I've been looking around and can't find someone who has used them.Do they work using them the way the JTR manual says to modify them adding spacer and set-back plate? Thank you for your time and God Bless...

To answer your question NO. JTR is good knowledge for motor swapping into a Z particularly a first generation Small block chevy, however JTR does not make mounting kits for LS#motors. They have a radiator, intake hoses, headers, radiator tee maybe a few other parts I can not remember from the top of my head, that are needed parts for the swap. Do a search for Johns Car, Inc. in Texas, they make the mounting hardware for LS#engine/tranny. You have to search, put in "GTO" , "LS2" , "LS1", "Johns Car", " Sandersons". My engine is in, and I still continue to go back read previous post, to make sure I did not miss something. Good luck.

Here's the link for the JCI LS1 mount kit to get you started.

http://www.brokenkitty.com/zcar/zcar.htm

You'll need to print out the order form, fill it out and send it in with your payment. Be sure to include any notes for them if something is different on your car.

BTW, I would buy your LS1 radiator, air intake setup, and LS1 headers (Sanderson) from JTR. I did and they work great !

ALSO, download and read the guide from this thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=123533

It will save you a ton of time and headaches.

GL