HybridZ

swapping a 4 speed in to an AT. do i have everything needed?

datsunson

i've got an AT 77 and the 4 speed is coming off a 78. is this everything i need for a direct bolt in? searched for an hour and couldn't find this exact swap

flywheel/bolts

clutch assembly

spacer plate

tranny

trans shifter and knob

driveshaft

trans mount & bracket

clutch/brake pedal assembly

clutch master/slave cylinders and hardlines

Your going to need a pilot bearing as well. Also don't forget to remove the spacer on the crank that is used with the automatic. If you leave that on and try to install the 4 speed you'll know you forgot to take it off. Also, you don't need to switch the whole pedal box. Just get the brake and clutch pedals, they will bolt right into the pedal box in your automatic car.

Yep, it looks like the only thing missing is the pilot bushing/bearing.

You might also want to look at a new throwout bearing, not all clutches come with them. My CFDF didn't and since I was ordered the wrong throwout bearing a few weeks earlier and didn't check it as soon as I got it, I just re-used the old throwout bearing, luckily it seems to be in good shape and is not making any noise or showing signs of being worn out.

Here is my thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=134300 It's not the exact same swap, but close. the donor was a '77 or '78 and the recipiant is a '73.