HybridZ

Need some help on pricing a turbo

So the turbo on my car is making weird chirpy noises so I'm pretty much guessing it's dead. One of my friends is in desperate need of money and since he knows I needed a turbo he offered me this one and told him to throw him a price. I don't want to lowball, especially since he's a friend. However, at the same time I don't even know if this would be a good turbo for my application. I don't plan on building the meanest L28et around, 350-400rwhp tops and even that's pushing it.

Anyways, here's the specs and pics.

T3/T04E 60 Trim, .63A/R turbine housing, .60A/R compressor

I don't really know the brand.

06-06-08_1154.jpg

06-06-08_1155.jpg

06-06-08_1156.jpg

06-06-08_1157.jpg

It's an eBay turbo, looks like SS Autochrome.

Unless you're getting it for about $50 it wouldn't be a deal.

What they are advertised as and what they actually measure as are two very different things.

Most don't last very long.

I was going to say the same. The turbo specs are not too bad, but the turbo "brand" leaves a lot to be desired.

We could be wrong, but the tell tale signs of an ebay turbo is the compressor inlet. On a Turbonetics, Garrett, etc. the inside surface of the inlet is slightly polished (you do not see the machining marks as prominently), the end of the compressor inlet is not as thick, and the inlet is not as severely tapered.

DSC03497_thumb.JPG

DSC03496_thumb.JPG