HybridZ

Frickin Fusible Links!!!! Gotta Question.....

Hey guys, I have an '81 280ZX 2+2 and yesterday 1 of the fusible links went out. I've seen the threads about using Maxi Fuse Blocks to replace em, but can you use an AGU Fuse Holder like this...

AGU_Fuse_Holder.jpg

That holds fuses like this...?

gold_fuse.jpg

I only ask because I can't find a Maxi fuse block in town that holds 4 fuses. I can only find the ones that hold 2. And I can't wait to get 1 off of the internet cuz the Z's my main form of transportation. Also, can ANYONE tell me what the amps are for the fusible links on my car? I know that the can differ from year to year and model to model, but even Nissan couldn't tell me. There are 3 Browns (1 for the Ignition Switch, 1 for the Headlight Circuit, & 1 For the EFI Circuit), 1 Green (The 2nd EFI Circuit), & 1 Black (Power supply to the fuse box). Anywho, any help you guys can give would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

I know I was able to, today, remove a seven fuse maxi fuse block from a ~94 cadillac deville, along with the wires for that block, to the tune of about 2 feet in length.

Almost all GM products have used maxi fuses for 10+ years (apparently) so they are ALL over the junkyard.

It may be a rudimentary and temporary solution, but its cheaper than getting three 2 fuse blocks, and if theres a JY in your town then they should have em. The Caddy was the first GM I looked at that had a maxi fuse block that was easy to dis-integrate from the main relay/fuse gang block. I know an Impala, and a Sunfire are useless b/c they are totally molded into the plastic housing of the rest of the fuse panel.

hope this helps!