HybridZ

SC14 superchargers off a 1ggze

vrocious

Somebody told me that these have the same pattern on them as the 280zx aircon unit, does anybody know if this is true? i've had the aircon removed on mine and being n/a wouldnt mind hooking one up for a bit of extra horsepower and seeing as they only run around 3psi it's not going to cause any problems on a stock motor.

Not sure about that but I don't see why you couldn't make an bracket to fit. Also are you sure about the PSI claims ? My friends MR2 SC has a SC12 with like 6 or so PSI (not sure on the number) and putting a SC14 in would boost it up around 2 more PSI he said. so it might make more than 3. Just food for thought. Also if you need one I know someone with one. that might be selling. let me know.

I ran a SC14 on my stock L28ET engine for a year and a half. Used a VT commodore power steering pulley. Made 5psi with that pulley, but you can overspin them with different sized pulleys.

I bought it as a kit, but the bracket to make it fit was pretty simple

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Somebody told me that these have the same pattern on them as the 280zx aircon unit, does anybody know if this is true? i've had the aircon removed on mine and being n/a wouldnt mind hooking one up for a bit of extra horsepower and seeing as they only run around 3psi it's not going to cause any problems on a stock motor.

After reading this post, I tried a functional fit on my L28 which is about to go back into my 280ZX. Now I think that the supercharger I have is the one you are interested in. Yes, it does fit on the A/C brackets. The front bracket would need a bit of filing to allow the S/C to swing up a bit. The S/C intake would need to swing around 180 degrees and the mounting holes would need a little filing to make it fit. The outlet pipe would need to be cut before the moulded dented section, and an alloy bend Tig welded so that it sweeps up. (Either to feed the intercooler or direct to the T/Body if no I/Cooler fitted. The middle Vee pulley on the front of the crank would need to be removed and a mutlti V pulley fitted, and the A/C tensioning pulley replaced with a plain pulley to take the rear of the multi V belt. The original power steering pulley could be refitted to the front of the crank and the P/S pump moved slightly forward along with the P/S belt tension pulley.

Now I haven't tried this out in the car yet but from provisional measurements, I am fairly confident that it will fit. Of course this is assuming that you have a R/H drive vehicle and so I dont know about clearances for LH drive vehicles. ( steering box etc)

pcs