HybridZ

Orded Parts

Ain't it cool? The past couple of months have been like Christmas with all of the boxes coming in the mail. I've got a decent sized pile of parts on my bench awaiting the conversion. It will be even better once I can get working on the thing next week.

I really wanted to do the rb swap too, but decent 26'es were tough to find and objectively the LS1 makes so much more sense. The straight-6 song will be missed, but the v8 grumble ain't shabby :D

Ain't it cool? The past couple of months have been like Christmas with all of the boxes coming in the mail. I've got a decent sized pile of parts on my bench awaiting the conversion. It will be even better once I can get working on the thing next week.

I really wanted to do the rb swap too, but decent 26'es were tough to find and objectively the LS1 makes so much more sense. The straight-6 song will be missed, but the v8 grumble ain't shabby :D

The V8 grumble is the best. I miss how our GTO sounded, so I hope this sounds just as angry if not better. I am awaiting my boxes to come in the mail, I hope they come by Saturday so I can work on it on my days off! I had heard good and bad things about an RB swap, oiling/cooling/stock turbos being jacked when it comes in the mail etc etc. So... I'll keep my LS1 that I've got and I have been stickin' to it ever since. Once I saw Grenade300's in person that was inspiration to get mine going / done.

I had heard good and bad things about an RB swap, oiling/cooling/stock turbos being jacked when it comes in the mail etc etc. So... I'll keep my LS1 that I've got and I have been stickin' to it ever since. Once I saw Grenade300's in person that was inspiration to get mine going / done.

Well for me, I made sure I thought about everything before I dove into it. Here's some the parts that I ordered to solve some of the issues..

Nismo N1 Water Pump

Nismo N1 Oil Pump (N1 is crap compared to Nismo Oil Pump, HKS, Greddy, etc..) but it was affordable.

All New Gaskets

New Tensioner and Idler pulley (OEM)

Nismo timing belt.

PRC Dual Pass Aluminum radiator

16" electric fan with a thermostat

As for the turbo I know they can run 10psi no problem (keeping mine at 10)...It's just that they have a ceramic blade so they can go only up to 11-13 psi before the turbo goes BOOM plus my engine is from at least a 98 so i'm not too worried.

After the engine goes in I'm going to try and dyno my bad boy and see what it kicks out to the wheels...My body is in decent condition not the best but not the worst....funny thing is a while back I took my car to a drive through car wash....knocked off both my side mirrors...WTF!! then when i did my L28et swap, my front air dam fell off on the highway and got stuck between my wheels...another WTF. So no air dam now, just my 240Z bumper on there hahahaha. Dent on my passenger door...but besides that nothing really. TOTAL SLEEPER :mrgreen:.....I've even had people laugh at me...but it was me doing the laughin after I left them far behind..

Lesson learned: Trying to show off with a pretty girl in your nice car can embarass you when you get smoked by a 30+ year old car with no bumper....

i believe it's the ground control coilovers, he is also using the 300zx 5 lug hubs with 2000 350Z rims and has the 300zx rear end (lsd). isn't lowered really low but to me it's just right. no rubbing issues on bumps or hard turns...i'll be doing the same before my big turbo upgrade. I'll probably make a post soon regarding all my ordered parts once they get here just to give people an update ^_^