HybridZ

Know what you buy on e-bay

Dp351zcar

I guess it's my own fault. I had watched a t-5 tranny with a bad 2ed gear go up in the bidding to $285 before it sold. So when a WC T-5 went up for a buy it now price of $375

I bit. Time went by until it was shipped when I got it the input shaft was sticking through the shipping box. icon_eek.gif The only communation I had with the seller was the price to pay+S/H. That is until I wrote him a nastygram, then I got the tracking number.

I got the tranny and then tried to ID it. Counted the teeth on the input gear like I was told to by the people at Hanlon Motorsports (nice people)and found I have a tranny that went behind a 4 cyl engine. icon_confused.gif

In the add it was listed as a tranny for 289, 302, a couple gm's, rods, then 4cyl & svo mustang turbo thunderbird....

From reading that I assumed it was the tranny I wanted.

Be careful what you buy, I wasn't

Don

[ August 02, 2001: Message edited by: Dp351zcar ]

[ August 04, 2001: Message edited by: Dp351zcar ]

Ouch! If you believe it was false advertising, then you can lodge a complaint with ebay and also write a nasty little letter on the seller's rating history. If you used paypal and used a credit card to make the transaction happen, there may be some recourse through the credit card company. It may be worth looking into. I would be VERY angry if someone screwed me like that. icon_mad.gif

Davy

Guest Locutus

I doubt the guys intentions were to screw you. It is more likely he didn't know what it was and incorrectly identified it. Have you tried contacting the guy to find out what he has to say. Most people will be willing to do the right thing. Before you resort to negative feedback and all that try to work it out with him first, and if it doesn't work, then most definately post negative feedback, contact ebay, and what ever other measures you can pursue.

I don't know as the picture in the add is not the tranny I got. The address is (I hope it works) ]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBay|SAP|.dll?ViewItem&item=593366001[/url] . I emailed him wondering where it was and got no response until the nastygram about stopping payment. Then he gave me the tracking number and thats all I've heard. I have emailed him six times and I was getting worried. I had paid using paypal on the night he sent me the total amount and I had not seen it or heard from him for a week and a half. Paypal will not give you any satisfaction if there is a problem but if I cancled payment to paypal I think they would have a response.

The guy "by the letter of ebay law" did what he had to so I don't think there is anything I could do. It is a WC T-5 and he did say it would fit a 4 cyl. What he did't say was that a 289 or a 5.0 would make short work of it. Oh well, I think I will be putting a 2.95 gear kit in it and make it into a 2.95 WC T-5 just like what you can by new for the same price.

icon_redface.gif

Don

[ August 03, 2001: Message edited by: Dp351zcar ]

Guest Thurem

That add on ebay is borderline fraud, he states it will fit camaro's and firebirds, which it won't(Not without major modifications anyways). Ask him for your money back. file a fraud report, Do whatever it takes. You might be able to recoup your losses by reselling it on ebay. That trans will not hold up to a 351 thats even moderately built. Summit sells a brandnew Ford Motorsports Super Heavy Duty T5 for about 1100 plus shipping.